Celebration Event 2018
On Wednesday 5th July 2017 the annual School Sports Celebration Event for the South Leicestershire area will take place (including schools from across Blaby, Harborough, Oadby & Wigston).
The aim of the event is to celebrate the achievements of young people, school staff, community sports clubs , sports coaches, leaders and volunteers in sport. We would like to promote the successes of individuals and teams, partnerships between school and community sport, leadership by young people, and innovation in getting young people involved in physical activity.
The awards will be as follows:
- Primary Sports Team of the Year
- Secondary Sports Team of the Year
- Primary Sports Performer of the Year
- Secondary Sports Performer of the Year
- Primary Young Sports Leader of the Year
- Secondary Young Sports Leader of the Year
- School & Community Partnership Award
- Improving Health & Well-Being Award
- Innovation in School Sport Award
- Sports Coach of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to School Sport Award
The nomination criteria are shown below and the nomination form must be submitted no later than Monday 11th June 2018
A decision making panel made up of a range of local school and sport enthusiasts will meet after nominations have closed, and shortlisted nominees will be contacted prior to the event. We would like to get as many nominations as possible from across our schools so please spread the word!
Please click here for information you may find useful when considering who to nominate for each award. Please use this information to help you complete the ‘reason for nomination’ in the nomination form that follows.