Hope Cycle Challenge. Find out more here
Harborough Town are looking for new players! Check out the flyer here
Click HERE for more information
SURVEY OF PUPILS’ HEALTH-RELATED BEHAVIOUR – Leicestershire
LRS asking Primary & Secondary schools to complete a survey asking questions relating to the health experiences of individual children & young people regarding their wellbeing, physical activity, healthy eating, school & learning.
For Primary Schools, find out more here
For Secondary Schools, find out more here
Welcome back to Cross Country!
Find out more here
Summer running 21!
Check out the details here
For more info Get in touch now 07749255718 or email@example.com
Bhangra Fusion offer to schools!
I would like to offer a FREE 15 minute Daily Boost session for up to 3 class groups online for your school. I know how my sessions can improve children’s overall mental well being. I would also like to send a free voucher pass to all the children to attend one of my online classes. I would also like to extend a free 15 session to your teachers who are just as important to try out a class for their own well being. Also I am offering 1 x 15 min session for up to 3 class groups so if they are in different classes they can link into the same zoom link.
This offer will only be available to the first five schools on a first come, first served basis. To collect the offer please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible to book your free slots.
Click the image to find out more!
Public Health England School Zone
Check out the lesson plans and activities available for children and young people here!
Brownlee Foundation Medal Challenge!
Instead of the Brownlee Foundation triathlon events this year, young people can get involved with the Medal Challenge!
Running in Summer Term 2, they want children to make a positive change with regard to their activity.
You can now register your school to get involved!
Find the registration form at the bottom of the webpage: www.thebrownleefoundation.org/medal-challenge
Phone: 07878 187742
Inspiring Hockey Heroes
Leicester City Hockey Club Schools Support Programme 2021. Click here to find out more.
Check out the promotional video here!
Sustran’s Big Pedal 2021
check out all the info here!
Resumption of Football
The FA has published its guidance on the resumption of football with effect from the permitted date of 29th March. You will find the detailed guidance here:
FA guidance for outdoor grassroots football return on 29 March 2021 (thefa.com)<https://www.thefa.com/news/2021/mar/24/fa-guidance-for-return-to-grassroots-football-20210324>
The guidance is written for clubs but applies to all football and you should read it carefully before planning your activity. In so doing, you will see that:
* Travel is permitted in order to play football, although you are advised not to travel at busy times or on busy routes. Whilst non-essential travel is to be avoided, it is permitted to travel to play. However, outside of the FA’s guidance, the DCMS guidance notes that overnight stays for the purpose of attending sports events is NOT permitted so please ensure you do not permit overnight stays before the guidance is reviewed on 12th April
* Parental consent is required for children to play football post-Covid. Parents are required to confirm they are content with your covid security arrangements and as such are permitting their child(ren) to take part. Please ensure you obtain these permissions before you play.
* You are required to complete a full risk assessment, including Covid-specific controls, prior to planning your events. You may find it helpful to share your covid risk assessment with parents in order to gain their consent for their children to play. You can find a template here
Please also look out for updates at each step of the lifting of lockdown restrictions, as the guidance may change at each review.
Check it out here!
Online Safety and Wellbeing Webinar and Resources
Over the past few months children and young people have been spending more time online due to lockdown, apps like TikTok have boomed in popularity and children have levitated to the gaming world to keep in touch with their friends. The internet is an amazing resource but worryingly an increased time online has led children and young people to a greater risk of exploitation and concerns are growing around children’s wellbeing due to gaming and social media.
A free 1 hour long webinar is available on the 23rd March for schools and professionals across the county looking into online safety, COVID 19, wellbeing and how can we effectively safeguarding young people online. To book your place please follow the Eventbrite link.
There are also mini video clips available on YouTube aimed at parents and carers around keeping children safe online, schools and professionals can share the video clips with parents to promote online safety especially as young people and children come back to school.
SCHOOLS’ VIRTUAL RUNNING OR PUSHING EVENT 2021
Click here for details!
Supporting Pupils’ Wellbeing Through Physical Education.
Please click on the link below to see a new qualification regarding Supporting Pupils’ Wellbeing Through Physical Education.
Please contact the team if this is of interest by Friday 26th March
Booking can be done on our website www.EnderbyLawnTennisClub.co.uk from Monday 22nd March using our online booking facility.
Due to COVID we are offering a 40% discount on all membership fees. Enderby Lawn Tennis Club have also introduced a low cost Community membership that is open for everyone. Click here to visit the online membership page.
School & Teacher ToolKit
Click here to access the positive experiences of competition toolkit.
NB & English Schools Virtual Cross Country – launching Monday 15th March!
Check out the flyer here!
Kibworth Tennis Coaching!
Click here for details
Fiesta Sports Coaching
Fiesta Harborough Town Easter Football Camp is taking place between 6th and 9th April 2021, 10am to 3pm each day for boys and girls aged between 4 and 12 years old. The sessions will take place outside on 3G Astroturf but we will have access to the indoor clubhouse facilities (toilets/ handwashing etc or if very wet weather).
To book online visit www.fiestasportscoaching.co.uk Choose ‘ Book Online’ and search ‘Harborough.’
All Star & Dynamo Cricket
Registration for All Stars for kids aged 5-8 will be coming very soon!
Female Sports Pledge
A young person/sport leader in South Leicestershire has been doing some amazing work trying to raise the profile of female sport. The young person is working with an organisation called Totally Runnable. One of their objectives is about promoting women’s sport in the media. They are involved with SeeSportyBeSporty campaign. See this link – https://www.change.org/p/seesportybesporty.
The organisation also works with schools. They have created a Girls and Sport Pledge. We’d be grateful if you could take a look at it and consider whether your school would sign the pledge. The link is https://totallyrunable.us14.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=77d38880b05b8f9d5f02fa6bf&id=4d22ce2c81. Totally Runnable have role model posters that the school will get if you sign up. They have some local athletes going into several schools in Loughborough who have signed up to the pledge.
Two schools in South Leicestershire have signed up already.
Leicestershire Healthy Schools
The Healthy Schools Team currently have spaces on the following upcoming training sessions, if you wish to book on, below is a direct link to the Healthy Schools website.
16:00 – 17:30
Introduction to RSHE for Secondary Schools
Online via Zoom
09:00 – 16:00
Preparing for Statutory RSHE for Primary & Secondary Schools
Online via Zoom
09:30 – 11:30
Creating Safe Learning Spaces
Online via Zoom
10:00 – 12:00
Working with Parent and Carers
Online via Zoom
13:30 – 17:30
Gender & Sexuality Training
Online via Zoom
09:30 – 16:30
Assessment on PSHE Training for Primary & Secondary Schools
Online via Zoom
16:00 – 17:30
Online via Zoom
Calling All Secondary School Teachers!
British Orienteering is delighted to launch a new online course for Introducing Orienteering in Secondary Schools. Special discounted launch price of just £20 until 31 March.
Click the image to find out more!
Leicester Tigers ‘back to school’ programme for Primary Schools
Click here for information
School Dodgeball offer!
We are excited to see dodgeball return to schools and in preparation for this, we are offering 50% OFF our Introduction to School Dodgeball online course until the end of March!
To redeem this discount, use code ‘marchdodge’ at the checkout. Learn more about the course and sign-up here: https://www.britishdodgeball.org/courses/introduction-to-school-dodgeball/
For any questions, please email email@example.com
Funky Feet Music Online Platform
Check out the promo video here!
Find out more or sign up here
If your school would like to take part in the FREE trial of the dance programme then please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address
Have you signed up?
Click here for information!
Calling all under 18’s!
ThinkNinja is a mental health app designed for 10 to 18 year olds. Using a variety of content and tools, it allows young people to learn about mental health and emotional wellbeing, and develop skills they can use to build resilience and stay well. For details, click here!
Have you entered our virtual Boccia challenge yet?
Check out our video here!
FUTSAL AND FOOTBALL ZOOM SESSIONS
£3.50 per session
Home-schooling a different way. AFTERNOON WEEKDAY SESSIONS and Evening sessions beginning on Tuesday 25th January.
Offering ball mastery and SAQ sessions for any player wanting some additional work on their game.
✅ Maintain fitness levels
✅ Join our community of ballers
✅ Develop your footwork
✅ Speed // Agility // Quickness gains
✅ FUN sessions
Email email@example.com to book!
Google Drives for staff
Annual PE, School Sport, Health & Well-being Conference 2021
As you are aware, we were unable to go ahead with our Conference in 2020 and therefore would like to make provision for all eventualities this year. We would welcome your views on the options available for our proposed Annual Conference in June. There are just 2 questions to answer on the following survey and we really would appreciate your feedback here.
Teach Active has released some FREE Active Maths and Literacy resources for teachers.
To find out more click here!
Socially Distanced PE Resources
Click here for the resources
Primary Schools Futsal coaching opportunities
Click here for information
Team South Leicestershire!
Active Harborough Heroes 2020
The team have bee recognised in the Active Harborough Heroes 2020
“We are surprised & honoured to receive this award. I’m extremely proud of the team & the hard work they have shown during this difficult time to support the well-being of children & families. Thanks to Jon, Jake, Lucy, Sam, Kieren, Kieran & Jo for your tireless efforts.” Hussein Khan Partnership Development Manager.
Visit https://www.harboroughsport.org.uk/heroes2020 to find out more about our award and meet the other #ActiveHarboroughHeroes2020
Tis the season SHINE
Our Christmas Classroom Challenge is here! Check out the NEWS page on our website for further details or get in touch with the team! Don’t forget to tweet us a pic @lslssp & use the hashtag #SLSSPChristmasChallenge GOOD LUCK!
Santa Dash Charity Challenge!
Find out more here
Click here to download a sponsorship form, alternatively donate directly to our Just Giving page here
The Quad Cup 21 is coming!
The South Leicestershire SSP Quad Cup launches January 21! We’re looking for a winning logo and slogan, could you have the winning design? Closing date is 25th Nov, Good Luck! #QuadCup21 #LutterworthLions #HarboroughHawks #BlabyBears #OadbyandWigstonWolves #GameOn
FREE Create Development Conferences
Click the link to book your place now!
Local Support & Information
Community Hub initiatives has been launched by the local councils to support vulnerable residents needing additional support during COVID-19 & for individuals, voluntary organisations and/or businesses, wanting to volunteer their time or services to help.
- Click here to access the Oadby & Wigston coronavirus community hub.
- Click here to access the Harborough coronavirus community hub.
- Click here to access the Blaby coronavirus community hub.
Fab Half Term Activity!
Want to join the team?
We’re recruiting a Health and Well-being Development Officer to support our 83 schools in South Leicestershire. Click here for more information!
It’s the first day of our Virtual Cricket Challenge!
Will your school be crowned champions? Don’t forget the deadline for entries is Friday 16th October. Good Luck #TeamSouthLeicestershire
Active Travel Month
More details coming soon!
The Virtual 5K Challenge!
The Virtual 5K Challenge will run from Monday 14th September – Friday 2nd October. This challenge is aimed at Key Stage 2,3&4. In mixed teams of 10, students will complete a 5000m continuous relay, submit a time and be added to our virtual leaderboards.
Prizes to be won!
Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 scores in each year group and Spirit of the Games winners.
We are working alongside Leicester City SSPAN on this challenge, this is a fantastic opportunity to compete against South Leicestershire and Leicester City Schools.
We encourage you to tweet your involvement to @LSLSSP using the hashtags #TeamLSLSSP #Commit2Fit20
Click here to check out the instructional video!
Leicestershire & Rutland Sport Virtual Conference 2020
Click here to find out more!
Local club seeking new players!
Check out the new initiative by Choose How You Move!
Physical Activity Co-Ordinator Needed!
Oadby & Wigston Borough Council are recruiting for a Physical Activity Co-Ordinator to join their team. For more details on the role and how to apply visit; https://www.lrsport.org/jobs/6978
South Leicestershire School Sport & Well-being Awards 2020
!!STOP PRESS!! Click here to read the press release.
Huge congratulations to our shortlisted nominees and winners. If you didn’t catch the awards live on YouTube, click here to view the awards in full.
real Gym webinar!
It’s a great opportunity for schools existing real PE member schools and none member schools to find out more about real gym.
Title: real gym webinar
Date: Wednesday 15th July
Time: 10am – real PE member schools
11.15 am – schools who are new to the approach
Each webinar will last 45 mins
Click here to view more details including booking info.
- Show you how real gym is aligned to the real PE approach (alignment of intent: Fundamental Movement Skills and Learning Behaviours)
- Show you how the real gym concept supports best practice and progression of skills
- Explore real gym on Jasmine – your real PE platform
The webinar is being led by former TEAM BG Olympic rhythmic gymnastics coach Sarah Moon
we are supporting all ages by remembering the importance of physical exercise to support emotional and mental health. Free blocks of sessions are available for adults and families.
LSLSSP Virtual Athletics entries are now open! Are you ready to take on the challenge?
The Virtual Athletics Challenge consists of 4 activities which each individual can take part in, at school or at home, inside or outside, mainstream or inclusive. The 4 activities are as follows:
1. Speed Bounce / inclusive option – chair touches2. Ladder sprints / inclusive option – wheelchair slalom 3.Standing Long Jump / inclusive option – seated Shot Put 4. Target throw / inclusive option – seated target throw
Click here for all the information you need to take part, including a participation certificate for every pupil that takes part!
Prizes to be won!
Prizes will be awarded for the top 3 scores in each year group and gender.
A prize will also be awarded for the primary and secondary school that submit the most entries.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN!!
We encourage you to tweet your involvement to @LSLSSP using the hashtags #TeamLSLSSP #Commit2Fit20 #HealthyAtHome
Hurry, voting closes Friday 12th June!
Active Anita Tracker Challenge!
Click here to get involved today!
who will be your winner?
Click here to submit your vote!
Walk this May!
For more information, click here to visit the Living Streets website.
Inclusive Games 2020, who will take home the Gold medal?
Click here to view Mr G’s Inclusive Games 2020 videos and many more on our YouTube channel!
LAP FOR THE NHS!
Inspired by Captain Tom Moore, Learning South Leicestershire School Sports Partnership are challenging children of key workers to do 100 laps of their school playground and children at home to do 500 laps of their garden to raise money for the NHS through Leicester Hospitals Charity. Laps can be completed in your own time during the lockdown!
Get involved with VE Day
Market Harborough District Council
- Enter the VE Day 75 poetry competition
- Toast the Nation at 3pm and share selfie photos on social media using the #VEDay75 hashtag #Harborough hashtag
- Decorate your business (if open) and homes with bunting etc your share photos on social media
- Share old VE Day photos or memories on social media
- Watch / listen in to local and national broadcasts celebrating VE Day 75
Mindful Warriors have put together a yoga practice video that you can follow at home, Click here for details.
Once you’ve done the class please complete the feedback form to share how the class made you feel.
You may also want to take part in the Yoga Posture Drawing Competition – find all the details on how to take part in the feedback form.
Young Minds are providing mental health information, tips and helplines for children, young people and parents during this period. Visit https://youngminds.org.uk for more information.
Mindfulness for all, every weekday at 11am!
Click here to join in
Get involved with our month of activities and challenges you can do at home!
Check out the videos here!
Week 1 Inclusive Sports Week
Week 2 Tennis week
Week 3 Football drills week
Week 4 – Cricket week
Healthy at Home!
Please find below an update from Leicestershire & Rutland Sport
- Virtual Classes: We are aware that many of our local instructors are now offering an online / virtual programme to support people to be Active At Home. Our Get Active Search now has the functionality for local instructors, groups, organisations to add their virtual sessions. ( https://www.lrsport.org/virtual-activity-sessions )
- Learn At Home: Many training and development organisations already host a wide array of online and distance learning courses and workshops. However, with the huge impact COVID-19 has had on our working lives, more providers than ever are adding content to their websites, in addition to making them more accessible through concessionary rates or for free. Our Learn at Home page highlights some of the sport, physical activity and wellbeing learning opportunities that partners are promoting. (https://www.lrsport.org/learn-at-home)
- Charity Challenges At Home: Physical Activity has often been used as a fundraising tool and many charities are still encouraging us to take part in fundraising whilst adhering to government guidelines. A number have created specific challenges linked to COVID 19 fundraising and further information on these can be found on our dedicated charity challenges webpage. ( https://www.lrsport.org/charity-challenges-at-home )
- National Governing Bodies Offer: A number of sport’s National Governing Bodies (NGBs) are also providing content and resources to keep people in touch with their favourite sport. ( https://www.lrsport.org/national-governing-body-content )
- Active Foxes Challenge: The Active Foxes challenge is organised by BBC Radio Leicester and supported by Leicester-Shire and Rutland Sport. It took Leicester City Football Club’s regular 11 players 515 hours of football to win the Premier League title in 2015/16 and the fourth anniversary of that incredible day in Leicester City Football Club’s history is coming up on May 2nd 2016 and we people to log their activity to achieve the total of 515 hours of activity before then. ( Sign up to the challenge at https://www.lrsport.org/activefoxes )
Physical Activity Guidelines
Active Anita’s 14 day Home Activity Challenge- Sunday Funday!
Check out some fantastic activities for you to try at home!
Join Oti Mabuse for her dance classes. Follow the link below.
Funky Feet Music For the playful child who loves to move!
Join in some dough dancing with Funky Feet Music, perfect for EYFS to to year 2
Keep those hands ready for writing, working fine motor skills
Fab Active resources to access from home!
- Sport England have published some useful tips on staying active.
- Cosmic Kids Yoga-Teach inspiring kids yoga professionally. Learn online, so you can train from home at your own pace. https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Go Noodle- GoNoodle engages 14 million kids every month with movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts. Available for free at school, home, and everywhere kids are! https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Youth Sport Trust- Online Physical Activity at home resources. https://www.youthsporttrust.org/free-home-learning-resources
- My Learnful Families-Empowering yourself and your children to notice and nurture your emotional needs and experience calm in the process. https://parents.learnful.co.uk/module/list/learnful-family-membership
- The Body Coach- Joe Wicks has announced that he’ll be doing live PE sessions on his YouTube channel starting on Monday at 9am. https://m.youtube.com/user/thebodycoach1
- Mindfulness in School Project- Week day mindfulness drop in sessions at 11am. For more information visit their website. https://mindfulnessinschools.org/misp-sit-together
- LSLSSP have launched their very own Active Anita 14 day home Activity Challenge, check out the details on our Twitter and Facebook page for details!
- LRS Healthy At Home webpage (www.lrsport.org/HealthyAtHome) hosts a range of resources, links, hints and tips to support people be Active At Home, Work At Home, Wellbeing At Home
- Our #HealthyAtHome social media promotion will feature on Facebook , Twitter, Linked In and Instagram
Active Anita’s 14 day Home Activity Challenge!
Starts Monday 23rd March!
We’d love to see your progress, follow us on Twitter @futureactiveltd and tag us, using the hashtag #commit2fit20
Create Development- real Play FREE resources
Volunteering in Oadby & Wigston
Click here for details
School Teacher Swimming Seminar
Check out the range of CPD available here!
Great performance by our schools competing in the Level 2 area final of the Year 5/6 Basketball. Congratulations to @Kibprimary that were crowned the winners and @FoxtonPrimary who received of the Spirit of the Games award.
Years 5/6 Boys and Girls Leicestershire & Rutland BASKETBALL Open Trial!
School staff running group!
Contact; firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Local Mini Tennis sessions on offer!
Click here for Tiny Tots
Click here for 5-8 years old
Local Judo classes on offer!
classes on offer at Thythorn Hill Community & Sports Centre, 98 Horsewell Lane, Wigston, LE18 2HR.
9.30-10.15am Ages 4-6 10.15-11.00am Ages 7 +
These GALS can!
Well done to our Oadby & Wigston schools who took part in the GALS celebration day at Parklands Leisure Centre. Following the 6 week programme, students took part in a number of different workshops including Judo, Clubbercise.
Congratulations to our Blaby and Harborough Sporting Ambassadors!